A not-so-short version of why I'm really happy about life right now...
1. My best friend Christine had her graduation party this past weekend in the Adirondacks, where her family has a cabin. I stayed with them for two nights and generally had a blast
2. I'm really enjoying my job at the Summer Housing Office
3. I went out with Dylan again yesterday and things were less awkward, though no making out... It was the third time we hung out away from the diner. He won't let me pay for things. That drives me up a wall. I don't think I should rationally have as big of a crush on him as I do, but, whatever. He said he'd call next week. We'll see.
4. I spent about 9 or 10 hours today in Rochester with Allie and my family, and it was really nice and short and a lot of fun, and it felt good to leave. We had dinner with my dad and grandma and aunt, visited the big library downtown, checked out the gay coffee shop and bookstore, watched a video of a show my sister was in, ate dinner and dessert, and came back here.
4.i. Oh! And in the parking garage by the library, I ran into Mr. Bataglia from Allendale. By which I mean my dad was driving and I saw him and was like "stop the car!" He gave me a hug and asked lots of questions. He's working for the Rochester City Schools now, and it sounds like he likes it better than AC. It was cool to see him.
5. CHRIS FRANK FROM IY CALLED ME!!! and I'm gonna hang up posters for them for their show this weekend! Which means (a) I get to see Chris Frank tomorrow, (b) I get to see Chris Frank twice in one week! (c) I get to be on the guest list and get in free!!!! You should've seen me after he called - I ran back into the family room where Allie and my mom and sister were sitting, and I was jumping all over and making weird noises... It was great. I'm so excited!
6. Tomorrow Christine Dosch gets back into town, and I have the day off, and I get to see Chris Frank, so it's just going to be a great day.
7. Thursday night is the Ithaca Festival parade, which is insane and amazing and I'm super looking forward to it. I'm so glad I didn't have the evening shift so I can go!
8. IY performs Friday night! And I traded around my work/duty schedule so I could be there!! And I'm SOO excited!!
That's life in a nutshell. Only happier. With nice weather and supremely good people.